GOLDEN TREASURES BEFORE INCAS
Day 1: Lima – Trujillo
TRANSFER FROM APT – HTL
We will take you on a tour through Trujillo. An important city in Spanish times, Trujillo has beautiful colonial buildings and mansions. We visit Plaza de Armas with its cathedral, built between 1647 and 1666.
We also visit the Archbishop’s Palace and Calonge House, where Simón Bolívar, the Liberator of South America lived. Then we visit the Emancipation House, now home to Banco Continental, and then the Iturregui Palace, built in 1842, which is currently home to the Central Club.
Then we will visit the Archeological & History Museum, where objects from the different pre-Columbian cultures will be on display.
Day 2: FULL DAY TRUJILLO
Today we drive south of Trujillo to visit:
- The temples of the Sun and the Moon, a religious center for the Moche culture, which developed between 100 and 900 AD. The archaeological complex shows the two large pyramids with flat tops, known as huacas.
- We take time to explore the site museum with a finest collection of moche poteries
- We continue up, to the ancient fishing village of Huanchaco for a good lunch based in see food. Huanchaco is of the most famous beaches of Peru, where you can see the traditional fishing boats (caballitos de totora) which are still in use Today.
- After lunch we continue to Chan Chan, the largest adobe city in America, built by the Chimu and covering an area of about 20 square kilometres.
Day 3 : “Lady of cao ,El brujo” on the way to Chiclayo
We drive to Chicama Valley, about 60 km north of Trujillo, to visit El Brujo, another complex of the Moche civilization. Archaeological excavations started here in 1990, where they found the Woman of Cao, a 1,500 year old, tattooed female mummy.
- Village of Magdalena de Cao (to taste a traditional drink fermented underground for 1 to 2 years called “Añejo de Cao.”)
- Huaca cao viejo
- Cao Museum
After the tour, we drive through up north to the comercial Chiclayo city. On way we pass around the sugar and rice fields and we stop for lunch in countryside.
DAY 4 : CHICLAYO-TUCUME &TUMBAS REALES MUSEUM
- Royal Tombs Museum of Sipán, the most modern in Peru. The journey allows to know all the objects found in 1987 in the place of Huaca Rajada, Well-known as Sipan. Here we Will find the ornaments of the Lord of Sipan, the Priest and the Old Lord of Sipan.
- Túcume town where we will visit the Ceremonial Center of Tucume, archaeological complex composed by 26 pyramids. This site was the second Capital of the Lambayeque or Sican culture. We will visit as well the Site Museum.
- Lunch in a local restaurant.
- We finish our excursion in Huaca Rajada, a funeral complex of Moche Society where 16 buriels were found.
SALE X PERSON : S/.680.00