From Coast up Mountains
FROM $/. 690.OO
Green Tours & Pre Incas Sites
6 Days of unique history, archeology and Unique landscapes in the northern Andes of Peru, Discover the Peruvian coast from Trujillo and travel to Cajamarca.
Day 1 |Full Day Trujillo|
We pick you up from apt- Htl in Trujillo
* The temples of the Sun and the Moon, a religious center for the Moche culture, which developed between 100 and 900 AD. The archaeological complex shows the two large pyramids with flat tops, known as huacas.
* Then we drive north of Trujillo to visit the Huaca Dragon, also known as Huaca Arco Iris (Rainbow Pyramid), which belonged to the Chimu culture.
* We continue up, to the ancient fishing Huanchaco village for a good lunch based in see food. Huanchaco is of the most famous beaches of Peru, where you can see the traditional fishing boats (caballitos de totora) which are still in use Today.
* After lunch we continue to Chan Chan, the largest adobe city in America, built by the Chimu and covering an area of about 20 square kilometres.
Day 2 |El Brujo Complex & Lady of Cao |
We drive to Chicama Valley, about 60 km north of Trujillo, to visit El Brujo, another complex of the Moche civilization. Archaeological excavations started here in 1990, where they found the Woman of Cao, a 1,500 year old, tattooed female mummy.
* Village of Magdalena de Cao (to taste a traditional drink fermented underground for 1 to 2 years called “Añejo de Cao.”)
* Huaca cao viejo
* Cao Museum
End of Tours 1:00pm
Day 3 |Private Transfer to Cajamarca|
Driving in private vehicle with your guide up to cajamarca.
- 6 hours driving
- Stoping in local towns for photos
Day 4|Cumbemayo Rocky Forest +City Tours |
Depature : 09:30 am/1: 30 pm
On this tour you will visit the ancient aqueducts and archaeological wonders of Cumbemayo. This excursion gives travelers a good glimpse into the Peruvian past.
The water channels carved at Cumbemayo are incredible and continue to baffle archaeologists, one look at these smooth and straight structures will surprise you too.
The channels are believed to have been carved with obsidian hammers. They are approximately 3,000 years old and provide evidence of the hydraulic engineering works that the inhabitants of this region were capable of doing. The canals divert water from the Pacific side of Peru to the Atlantic side. There are several enigmatic petroglyphs here as well.
Some archaeologists believe that Cumbemayo was once used for religious purposes. Without a doubt, this is a place of spectacular beauty, especially with its ichú grass and strange volcanic formations. Make sure you have your camera handy when you visit.
The ancient aqueducts of Cumbe Mayo continue to baffle archaeologists. Located on the outskirts of the town of Cajamarca in the Highlands of northern Peru, Cumbe Mayo is an absolutely fascinating place to visit.
Back to cajamarca for Lunch
4:oo pm – City Tours
City tour: we visit the Plaza de Armas, Santa Catalina de Alejandría Church (Cathedral), San Francisco Church, Rescue Room, Belén Church, Colonial Hospital for Men, Colonial Hospital for Women (Archaeological Museum and Ethnographic Museum), Colina de Santa Apolonia and the “Chair of the Inca”.
Day 5|Ventanillas de Otuzco +Transfer to Apt |
Depature at 8:30 am
The Ventanillas de Otuzco is an archaeological site located in the district of Baños del Inca, 8 km northwest of the city of Cajamarca. The area with rare formations from volcanic rock served as a funerary site for pre-Inca civilizations.
Otuzco is the necropolis of a pre-Inca civilization, older than the Caxamarca culture, most probably with Wari culture influences. Hundreds of galleries and individual niches, which resemble windows (“ventanillas” in Spanish), were carved into the rock.
After this short tours we leave you in cajamarca airport.
If your flight is leaving early we just take you to airport.
What is include?
- Tickets fees
- Transfers in Private vehicle
- Nice inglish Tour Guide
- Personalized Attention
- Entrance Tickets
- Water bottle x passenger
- Pick up from hotel or airport
- Security protocols
- Quote based from 2 Pax
Not Include :
- Airfare to and from destination
- Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance
- Any activity not described in What’s Included
- Meals on your own
What to Expect ?
In keeping with the nature of an expedition, we keep our schedule flexible to take advantage of the unexpected, adapting our course to the conditions and opportunities that arise. Your expedition experience can be tailored to the activity level you choose, whether it’s light or moderate or a little of both. Travelers should be in good health, comfortable walking or standing for extended periods of time, and able to get in and out of expedition landing craft. Daily activities, walking tours, and visits to cultural or historic sites, with options most days for more physical activities such as longer hikes . All departures are family friendly.
Norte Expedition Team
Expert Local Tour Guides
Why Travel with Us?
- Flexible Booking
- Cancel 72 Hours of your Tours and all refound money
- Specialist in Private Experiences in north of Perú
- Best Itineraries
Highly Recomended in Tripadvisor
Read what people are saying about Norte Expedition and their activities in North of Perú